How to Build Your Personal Brand?
In the fifteenth episode of the podcast, Aamir Qutub discusses various practices that can be used to build your personal brand.
Watch the video or keep reading below to find out how building your own personal brand can take you to a new career success.
Here's the video
How to Build Your Personal Brand?
Why Personal Branding is essential to career success? (0:36)
- Personal branding is pivotal to a successful career.
- Marketing yourself and your career as a brand is more than just creative business cards or attractive fonts – it’s about how you’re introducing yourself to potential clients, consumers, and everyone else that’s important to your career.
- Your brand is a symbol of what you have to give and can make or break your success. It is also reflective of confidence, integrity and the willingness to prioritize.
How to start from zero? (6:54)
DOWNLOAD THE CAREER BOOSTER TOOLKIT
Before you move on, download your copy of the Career Booster Toolkit.
Use this Toolkit to assess yourself and open up new opportunities, which you may not have noticed.
Everyone starts at zero. Everyone. There’s a cliché that says that when you’re at your lowest point, the only way to get there is up.
If you want to boost your financial status, have a healthy lifestyle, or improve your relationship, anything is possible, even if you hit the rock bottom.
So how do you grow great? While it may be overwhelming to start from scratch, here are five ways to jumpstart your life when you reach the rock bottom.
- Identify exactly what you want to do
- Change your perspective about success
- Reconsider where you spend your time and resources
- Being at the bottom is the best place to start
- Avoid pitying yourself, and get up.
Why do you need to focus on keeping up with your customers, not your competitors? (12:08)
- Nowadays every organisation seems to be considering or attempting a digital transformation. Most of them cite the need to keep up with disruptive and well-established rivals. But this emphasis may be too narrow. The biggest obstacle facing businesses today is not to keep up with their competitors, but with their customers.
- One reason is that individuals are becoming digital more quickly than organisations. Think of people as small businesses for a moment. They’ve redesigned their core processes in the area of procurement (online shopping), talent acquisition (marketplaces), collaboration (social networking), market research (peer reviews), finance (mobile payments) and travel (room and ride-sharing).
- Customer standards are now more liquid and no longer based on the constraints of the market.
- Customers – whether customers or company buyers – do not equate your customer service to that of your competitors, but to the best customer service, they get from anywhere. The same applies to their expectations of your website, mobile app, loyalty programme, branding, and even social responsibility.
How to boost sales and marketing? (21:11)
In order to boost revenues in your business, focus on customers and shift to increasing sales performance rather than profit. Here are a few ways to improve sales:
- If you want to boost sales, you should turn your attention from attracting new customers to making those who have already checked out your products or services to buy again and learn how to keep your existing customers.
- It would be better if you were to evaluate what the competitors are selling and learn new strategies, think of ways to outdo them.
- The best way to improve your sales is to build and cultivate value in all respects, such as training workers for value-added goods, among others.
- Building a robust resource centre and customer support is a perfect way to provide clients access to a wide variety of goods and services that you provide.
How to turn real-life problems into business opportunities? (26:55)
Here are some ways you can turn real-life problems into business opportunities:
- Start with a problem that really needs solving. Ask yourself what about your problem–is it only a problem for you, or is it universally aggravating?
- Persevere and try different things. You’re going to fail but you shouldn’t quit and try different solutions to solve the problem.
- Take help from business organizations that can provide or assist you with the solutions.
- It’s important to hire the right team who share the same value.
Wrapping it up
As the digital ecosystem changes and your career evolves, so will your personal brand. Adjust your persona accordingly as you meet different people, find new networking opportunities, and grow in your career. As long as it reflects your professional life, don’t hesitate to create a brand that lets you shine.
The dream is free. The hustle is sold separately.